Brownies !! Well, who does not like the delicious gooey chocolate brownies. I hope all of you love them. However, these brownies are a tad different. They are cocoa brownies. These do not have any added chocolate but made completely with cocoa powder. They are light and airy and have a cake-like texture. I also call them cakey brownies.
When I came across this recipe by Betty Crocker, I was not sure how I will like it. I am one big fan of the gooey brownie. But when I made this recipe, I completely fell in love with it. They have this super-intense flavour of cocoa powder which makes these simply irresistible. I have also added some chocolate chunks to get that slight gooeyness. If you do not want the chunks you can simply omit that step.
These brownies go great with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
Do try them and leave me a comment.
Butter: Â½ cup
Sugar: 1 cup
Vanilla: 1 teaspoon
All-purpose flour: 2/3 cup
Cocoa powder: ½ cup
Baking powder: ½ teaspoon
Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla to eggs.
- Add the eggs one by one to the butter mixture.
- Mix till no traces of eggs are seen.
- Add cocoa powder baking powder and salt to the all-purpose flour. Mix.
- Add all-purpose flour to the butter and egg mixture.
- Mix only till the flour is combined.
- Pour the batter in an 8 by 8 inch greased tin.
- Sprinkle some walnuts on the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely and remove from tin.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice-cream.