Love is in the air.
Make this year’s Valentine’s Day extra special by baking some Eggless Red Velvet Cookies for your valentine!
Here is an easy Red Velvet Cookies recipe which makes about 20 cookies.
- Butter: 100 gm
- Castor Sugar: 100 gm
- Applesauce: 2 tablespoons
- Amul Cream: 2 Tablespoons
- Vinegar: 1/4 teaspoon
- Americolor Super Red Colour: few drops (as required)
- Flour: 180 gm
- Cocoa powder: 2 teaspoons
- Baking soda: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- White chocolate chips: As required
- Cream butter and castor sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the applesauce and mix.
- Add vinegar to the Amul Cream and add to the butter mixture.
- Mix again.
- Mix the flour with cocoa powder and baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mix to the butter mix.
- Mix using a spatula till combined.
- Add the white chocolate chips.
- REFRIGERATE the dough for at least 2 hours.
- Make small balls of the mixture and place them on the tray.
- Flatten the balls slightly. These cookies do not spread quickly in the oven. So if you keep balls of the dough, they may not spread. Hence Flatten the cookies before baking.
- Bake at 170 degrees Celsius for about 15-18 minutes.
NOTE: DO NOT add excess color than required. Excessive use of colors often result in a bitter taste, hence better to useless.
I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day.