Posted June 14, 2016 by Anaas Baking Studio 3125 views 1 comments 2 likes
Mawa Cake is one delicious cake with the goodness and richness of mawa or khoa complimented with some cardamom powder. If you do not wish to add the cardamom powder, not to worry. Add a few drops of rose essence. It works absolutely well with the khoa and gives the cake a mild rose flavor. You can also add some pistachios or cashews to make it richer!
Butter: 80 gm
Sugar: 100 gm
Khoa: 80 gm
All-purpose flour: 100 gm
Baking powder: ½ teaspoon
Cardamom powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Roast the khoa in a pan till it is slightly brown. Cool.
- Add roasted khoa.
- Mix properly.
- Add the eggs.
- Mix till no traces of egg are visible.
- Add the baking powder to the all-purpose flour.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture.
- Mix using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into cupcake moulds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 Degree Celcius for 20 minutes.
This recipe makes about 9 medium-sized cupcakes. These cakes taste best when served warm. They do not need any special frosting. A Store them in an airtight container a to retain freshness.
Please put the measurements of the recipes in real numbers. Please